Toronto based Boxit is changing the way people think of self storage. Convenient ways to store important items and files when you don't need them is increasingly important as residential and commercial spaces become smaller and smaller.
In the past few years, people have started to think of products as services that we pay for on an as needed basis. Zipcar turned cars from an expensive product into a pay per use service.
Self-storage usually evokes the idea of a big storage unit that you throw unnecessary items into and forget about over time. Self storage locations can be inconvenient to access and more importantly take up valuable time to deal with. By combining technological innovation with an antiquated industry, Boxit allows its users to pay for storage by the box on a monthly basis. They pick up your items for free and deliver them to a secured storage locker. Your items are cataloged online and you can retrieve them with next-day delivery.
Toronto Start-Up Boxit Modernizes Storage
1. On-demand Storage - Boxit's model of storing items on a pay-per-use basis disrupts the traditional concept of self-storage units.
2. Convenience Storage - Boxit's pick-up and delivery service offers a convenient solution for individuals and businesses needing storage space.
3. Digital Cataloging - Boxit's online cataloging system enables easy tracking and retrieval of stored items, streamlining the storage experience.
1. Self-storage - Boxit's innovative approach to self-storage presents opportunities for other companies in the industry to adopt similar on-demand models.
2. Logistics - Boxit's pick-up and delivery service highlights opportunities for logistics companies to provide convenient storage solutions for customers.
3. Technology - Boxit's digital cataloging system opens up possibilities for technology companies to develop innovative storage management platforms.