San Francisco-based makeup artist Kate Nash created a scary Halloween makeup tutorial for Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
To achieve the "undead" look, coat your face in very light blue face paint. Then, in a darker blue hue, paint two circles around your eyes. Apply solid black eyeliner and, using an eyelash adhesive, glue two V-shaped clusters of individual fake lashes to each eye. To create the stitch affect, use a liquid blue liner to draw a diagonal line from your hairline to cheekbone, and then again on the side of your mouth and neck. Cross the lines with an X-shape to finish.
To complete the iconic look, apply a dark shade of red lipstick and don a colorful patchwork dress.
This Scary Halloween Makeup Tutorial Recreates a Classic Character
1. Halloween Makeup Tutorials - The rise of DIY Halloween makeup tutorials presents an opportunity for makeup brands to sponsor or partner with creators for innovative makeup looks.
2. Character-inspired Makeup - Character-inspired makeup tutorials allow for unique brand collaborations to create limited edition collections and increase brand awareness.
3. Sustainability-focused Halloween Makeup - The demand for eco-friendly and cruelty-free makeup options presents an opportunity for sustainable beauty brands to create Halloween makeup collections or tutorials that align with their values.
1. Makeup Brands - Makeup brands can sponsor or partner with creators to create unique makeup looks and increase brand awareness through Halloween makeup tutorials.
2. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the rise of Halloween makeup tutorials by creating exclusive collections or offering limited edition makeup products to attract customers.
3. Sustainable Beauty - Sustainable beauty brands can showcase their values by creating eco-friendly and cruelty-free Halloween makeup options, attracting customers who prioritize sustainability in their buying decisions.