The Booking.com “SAND”-sion is a new sand mansion created by the company in celebration of National Sandcastle Day and offer lucky travelers with an alternative spot to stay with beachfront access.
The sand mansion is located at Luna Park in Coney Island, New York City and is achieved using nearly 100 tonnes of sand thanks to the work of sand sculptor Matt Long. The base of the sand mansion is crafted from plywood to prevent the building from collapsing, while the interior of the building is outfitted with a double bed, seating, lights and a private bathroom.
The Booking.com “SAND”-sion is available for guests starting August 22 and will only be around for a limited time to mark the end of summer.
Image Credit: Booking.com
The Booking.com “SAND”-sion Offers a Comfy Stay on the Beach
1. Alternative Accommodations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop unique and unconventional accommodations to attract adventurous travelers and provide memorable experiences.
2. Experience-based Hospitality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design immersive accommodations that go beyond traditional hotel stays and offer guests a truly unique experience.
3. Temporary Pop-up Hotels - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create temporary hotels in unconventional locations to tap into the demand for experiential travel and create a sense of urgency and exclusivity.
1. Hospitality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate innovative design and concepts into the hospitality industry to appeal to modern travelers.
2. Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce innovative and experiential accommodations to attract tourists seeking unique and unconventional travel options.
3. Event Planning - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer pop-up hotels as a new and exciting option for event planners to provide attendees with a one-of-a-kind experience.