'Inspired by the City' is a new project that seeks to revamp the Samsonite brand to capture the attention of the younger consumer, more particularly Millennials. For this marketing initiative, the luggage company has enlisted Belgium-based advertising agency Wunderman Thompson Antwerp.
The new and youthful aesthetic of the Samsonite brand bids on urban exploration and being always on the move. The typeface, for example, which was developed by Grilli Type is dubbed 'Samsonite Sans' and it draws inspiration from "urban life" and"street signage, which often features a sans typeface." These are intermixed with elegant photographs of younger consumers having various urban experiences on-the-go, some of which are cultural, creating a sense of actionable dynamic.
Image Credit: Samsonite / Wunderman Thompson Antwerp
The Samsonite Brand is Looking to Attract Millennials
1. Millennial-friendly Branding - Brands seeking to attract younger consumers are revamping their branding initiatives and aesthetics.
2. Urban-exploration-inspired Design - Designers are drawing inspiration from urban life and street signage to create a new aesthetic for younger consumers.
3. Cultural Urban Experiences - Marketing initiatives are featuring cultural experiences in urban settings to appeal to younger consumers seeking authenticity and adventure.
1. Luggage and Travel Accessories - As demonstrated by Samsonite's 'Inspired by the City' project, companies in this industry can revamp their branding and design to attract younger, urban consumers.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Advertising agencies like Wunderman Thompson Antwerp can specialize in creating millennial-friendly branding and marketing initiatives for clients across various industries.
3. Photography and Video Production - Professionals in these industries can offer services to businesses looking to feature high-quality, authentic photography and videography in their marketing materials to appeal to younger consumers.