It's a time of recession and hardship for a lot of people, but certain companies are not letting that stop them, such as with the Saks Fifth Avenue 3D Projection. Consumers can watch the 3D bubbles and snowflake projections prance playfully across the storefront. This year the display has been re-adapted slightly.
"Shoppers could scan QR codes on the windows of Saks which saw them redirected to a mobile site where they could watch the projection and find out about Saks," according to adverblog. If that wasn't enough to wow you, know that this Saks Fifth Avenue 3D projection is in effect the longest outdoor video-mapping experience in the world.
The show runs every 5 hours from Nov 21st till Jan 6th and will help put magical warmth into this holiday season.
The 2011 Saks Fifth Avenue 3D Projection Brings Magic to Shopping
1. Interactive Storefront Animations - QR codes and mobile sites can integrate consumer engagement into 3D projection displays
2. Outdoor Video-mapping - Creative digital mapping can create immersive experiences for consumers in outdoor spaces
3. Virtual Shopping Tours - Integration of technology like 3D projection mapping through electronic displays can create richer in-store digital experiences
1. Retail Industry - Interactive storefront displays can create more engaging consumer experiences and improve brand awareness, leading to potential sales increase
2. Entertainment Industry - Digital media technologies like outdoor video mapping can be leveraged to create new, immersive experiences for live venues and festivals
3. Marketing Industry - Quick response codes can be used to create interactive campaigns to reach consumers in a variety of locations on mobile devices, helping companies learn about consumer behavior to better drive engagement and sales