An eerie twist to anything normal is always the perfect ingredient to catching some attention, and an amazing example of such a tactic being applied is the series of animal clay sculptures created by Russell Wrankle.
These animals, mostly bunnies, have shown up just in time for Easter to snag those folk that are better regarded as Halloween well-wishers. The sculptures wear devious looks and some sculptures also possess body parts that are not of their species. For example, a pale bunny is shown with pincers for feet and arms instead of its regular limbs. They look like zombie-risen animals whose limbs merged while being buried together after some sort of freak accident.
Russell Wrankle pays close attention to detail in his sculptures and presents his flair for cinematic expression as each of his carefully constructed specimens seem as if they have a story behind their now disheveled figures.
These Russell Wrankle Sculptures Turn the Tables on Mother Nature
1. Mutant Animal Sculptures - Creates an opportunity for artists and niche toy manufacturers to explore more edgy and eerie concepts.
2. Cinematic Sculpture Detailing - Presents opportunities for event planners and set designers to incorporate realistic and detailed eerie elements that create an immersive atmosphere.
3. Holiday Crossover Creations - Invites opportunities for creators to play with cross-holiday themes and quirky interpretations of seasonal characters.
1. Art and Sculpture - Provides opportunities for emerging artists to enter a niche edgy market, while challenging them to innovate their creations with a cinematic touch.
2. Film and TV Production - Offers opportunities for set designers and special effects teams to elevate their work in creating realistic and eerie atmospheres or characters.
3. Toy and Collectible Manufacturing - Presents opportunities for toy manufacturers to tap into a market for those who appreciate crossover themes, eerie or dark characters, and cinematic detailing in collectible pieces.