Hermes is expanding into the world of beauty with a 24-shade range of lipsticks called Rouge Hermes—this is particularly notable and exciting for fans of the luxury brand because it has never created beauty products in its more than 180 years of existence. The highly anticipated line of Rouge Hermes lipsticks take inspiration from the Birkin bag and even include the same permabrass hardware used on its coveted handbags.
The Rouge Hermes lipsticks are set to be available in two finishes, matte and satin, with one taking cues from the Birkin bag's soft leather and the other mimicking the texture of the brand's iconic silk scarves.
The high-end lipsticks are packaged without plastic and can be easily replenished when empty thanks to a sustainable refill system.
Image Credit: Hermes
The Rouge Hermes Lipsticks Take Cues from the Coveted Birkin Bag
1. Luxury Beauty Expansion - Hermes branching into the beauty industry after 180 years presents an opportunity for other luxury brands to explore new product categories.
2. Inspired Packaging Design - The use of Birkin bag and silk scarf-inspired designs on lipstick packaging creates a potential for innovative packaging in the beauty industry.
3. Sustainable Refill Systems - The introduction of a sustainable refill system for high-end lipsticks highlights the opportunity for other beauty companies to prioritize eco-friendly solutions.
1. Luxury Beauty - The launch of Rouge Hermes lipsticks opens up new possibilities for luxury beauty brands to create high-end lip products.
2. Packaging Design - The packaging design industry can explore the opportunity to incorporate fashion-inspired elements into product packaging for various consumer goods.
3. Sustainable Beauty - The sustainable refill system featured in Rouge Hermes lipsticks can spur innovation in the sustainable beauty industry, encouraging other brands to adopt eco-friendly practices.