At the Dior Men Fall 2021 digital show, the brand launched Dior Rouge Balm, a hydrating lip product that has the potential to appeal to all. The Rouge Dior Satin Balm in 000 Diornatural product was swiped across the cheeks and temples to create a hydrated glow without without pearlescence or lacquer. As Dior's digital show was filled with vivid prints, video projections and light flashes, Dior Beauty’s key makeup artist, Peter Philips, opted for looks with simple, luminous skin.
The balm was created to support people who are experiencing dry, dehydrated lips as a result of wearing a face mask for long periods of time. The ultra-nourishing balm is packaged in a chic and refillable bullet.
Image Credit: Dior Beauty
Dior Beauty's Ultra-Hydrating Rouge Balm Soothes Dry, Cracked Lips
1. Refillable Beauty Products - The rise of refillable lip balms presents an opportunity for cosmetic companies to reduce packaging waste and appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Hydrating Makeup - Cosmetic companies can explore innovative ways to create makeup products that not only enhance beauty but also provide skincare benefits such as hydration.
3. Post-pandemic Beauty - As people emerge from the pandemic with new beauty concerns, such as dry, cracked lips from wearing face masks, there is a need for beauty products that address these specific concerns.
1. Cosmetics - Cosmetic companies can explore the use of natural, nourishing ingredients in their products to appeal to consumers looking for effective and safe beauty solutions.
2. Sustainability - The refillable packaging of Dior's Rouge Balm presents an opportunity for cosmetic companies to adopt sustainable packaging practices which can reduce their environmental impact.
3. Skincare - As makeup and skincare continue to merge, there is an opportunity for skincare companies to leverage their existing expertise to create hybrid products that provide both skincare and beauty benefits.