In an effort to cater to the growing number of travelers interested in health and wellness, Washington DC's Watergate Hotel has begun hosting rooftop yoga classes. Run in partnership with In Good Company Wellness, the classes help consumers ease into their day.
The mindful yoga series will be held throughout the remainder of August on the rooftop of the Watergate Hotel in downtown DC. The 60-minute vinyasa yoga classes will be led by local instructors Lakshmi Kanter and Ginny Loving, and will incorporate mindfulness techniques, such as breathing and guided visualization, into the practice. Following each session, attendees will be treated to a continental rooftop brunch of baked goods, fruit, yogurt, coffee and bottomless mimosas. Guests will also be able to take advantage of the complimentary juice bar while enjoying scenic views overlooking the Potomac.
The rooftop yoga classes at the Watergate Hotel demonstrate how hospitality groups are making an effort to incorporate new types of relaxation into their offerings.
Washington DC's Watergate Hotel is Hosting Rooftop Yoga Classes
1. Rooftop Yoga Classes in Hotels - Hotels are catering to health and wellness seekers by offering rooftop yoga classes as an additional amenity to their service.
2. Mindful Yoga Series and Guided Visualization Techniques - Instructors are incorporating mindful techniques such as breathing and guided visualization during yoga practice sessions to provide consumers with a wholesome experience.
3. Continental Rooftop Brunches with Yoga Classes - Guests can indulge in brunches that include baked goods, fruit, yogurt, coffee and bottomless mimosas with scenic views overlooking the Potomac after attending yoga classes.
1. Hospitality Industry - Hotels and resorts are expanding their offerings to cater to the health and wellness market by offering spa services, fitness programs, yoga classes, and more.
2. Health and Wellness Industry - There is a growing trend of people interested in health and wellness seeking out relaxing activities like yoga and meditation to improve their overall wellbeing.
3. Food and Beverage Industry - Hotels and resorts can capitalize on the trend by offering healthy food options, bottomless drinks, and brunch packages to complement yoga sessions and promote overall wellness.