Robert Ruf is one of the seven designers approached to create an interpretation of one of the seven deadly sins. The project is for the release of Austrian-based magazine Kursiv's 2010 yearbook based on the 'Die 7 Todsunden.'
Focusing on the sin of pride, Robert Ruf designed a lamp that shines only upon itself. As Gizmodo notes, it's more about form than function--a completely poetic design.
According to his site, Robert Ruf "studied until 2005 Industrial Design at the University of applied arts Vienna," then founded Robert Rüf Industrial Design in 2007.
Robert Ruf's Lamp Illustrates one of the Seven Deadly Sins
1. Poetic Design - Exploring the intersection of form and function in innovative and artistic ways.
2. Sin-inspired Art - Creating unique and thought-provoking designs based on the concept of the seven deadly sins.
3. Self-illuminating Objects - Designing products that illuminate themselves, emphasizing individuality and self-expression.
1. Art and Design - Opportunities for artists and designers to push the boundaries of traditional art forms and create visually stunning and conceptually rich pieces.
2. Home Decor - Innovating in the home decor industry by offering unique and eye-catching lighting fixtures that serve as both functional objects and works of art.
3. Magazines and Publishing - Exploring creative collaborations with artists and designers to produce visually engaging and thematically-driven publications that captivate readers.