Uber is expanding its rideshare app platform to offer an integrated feature called UberLife that caters to creating a more rounded travel experience. The feature includes a virtual concierge that offers recommendations to eateries, locations, events and more in the local vicinity. The service is designed to utilize the time spent inside the Uber vehicle and simplify the travellers endeavors once they leave the car.
According to a statistic provided by Uber and shared with Digital Trends, consumers in Ubers stay on the Uber app for up to 90-seconds after they have entered the vehicle. To capitalize on this time, UberLife is designed to give riders a platform to further expand their travels by recommending events such as plays, bars, restaurants and locations in the area near them that they can visit. The concierge acts like a virtual guide to the rider from within the same app they used to book their mode of transportation.
UberLife Offers a More Rounded Travel Experience with Recommendations
1. Integrated Travel Experience - Developing all-in-one travel platforms that offer ride-sharing, restaurant and event recommendations is an opportunity to improve customer experience.
2. In-car Advertising - Advertising within ride-share apps during the time passengers spend in the vehicle presents an opportunity for monetization.
3. Virtual Concierge Services - Offering digital advisers within ride-share apps creates opportunities to provide personalized recommendations and ancillary services.
1. Ride-sharing - Ride-sharing companies can integrate additional services into their platforms to enhance the customer experience.
2. Travel and Tourism - Tourism companies can create partnerships with ride-sharing businesses to offer activity recommendations.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising companies can collaborate with ride-share services to develop ad campaigns that target passengers during their commutes.