The rice paper artworks of Bovey Lee, an artist based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, will take people's breath away. Intricate and delicate, it is hard to imagine that anyone is able to cutout such detailed scenes into such thing material. Whether creating scenes of the wilderness or busy metropolises, the creations are sculpturally picturesque and surreal.
Bovey Lee's rice paper artworks were showcased once before, yet it is her recent work that is taking the Internet by storm. These pieces were on view at the Grotto Fine Art as part of Art Basel in Hong Kon, and an exhibition with Gavlak Gallery for the Armory Show. The weightless pieces are mounted on silk before being displayed.
Bovey Lee Creates Strikingly Intricate Cutouts on Thin Chinese Paper
1. Intricate Cutouts - Opportunity for innovative laser cutting technology to create intricate designs on delicate materials.
2. Sculpturally Picturesque Art - Opportunity to combine traditional art techniques with sculpture to create visually stunning artworks.
3. Internet Buzz - Opportunity for online platforms to showcase and sell unique, eye-catching artwork to a global audience.
1. Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity for art galleries and museums to embrace new forms of intricate artwork and attract a wider audience.
2. Technology - Opportunity for laser cutting machine manufacturers to develop high-precision, delicate cutting solutions for artists and designers.
3. E-commerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity for online art marketplaces to connect artists like Bovey Lee with art enthusiasts and collectors worldwide.