This past summer, Texas-based health tech startup Rey launched its eponymously named virtual mental health wellness platform. Powered by Oxford University's OxfordVR, the progressive new platform combines traditional teletherapy with various immersive digital tools to offer patients highly accessible and interactive therapy sessions.
In addition to therapy, the platform will utilize VR-based technologies to assist with the treatment of numerous mental health conditions such as Psychosis, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety, Phobias, Social Avoidance, and more via exposure therapy. With Rey, clinicians can expose their clients to virtual versions of their real-life triggers as a means of retaining their brains to cope with their psychological and physiological reactions.
Currently, Rey houses a multi-disciplinary staff including experts in CBT training, mediation, EMDR, mindfulness training, and life coaching.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Rey Leverages VR Technology to Offer Immersive Therapy Solutions
1. Vr-based Therapy - Opportunity to disrupt the mental health industry by offering more accessible and potentially more effective therapy through the use of immersive VR technology.
2. Digital Mental Health Solutions - Opportunity to develop innovative platforms that combine traditional teletherapy with cutting-edge digital tools to provide more comprehensive mental health services.
3. Exposure Therapy in Virtual Reality - Opportunity to leverage VR technology to provide a safe and controlled environment for patients to confront and overcome their real-life triggers.
1. Mental Health - Industry professionals in the mental health field can integrate VR technology into their practice, and tech entrepreneurs can explore new ventures in the digital mental health space.
2. Health Tech - Opportunity for startups and established companies to develop innovative technologies that combine teletherapy and VR to improve mental health treatment and accessibility.
3. Wellness - Opportunity for wellness companies to integrate immersive VR technology into their services, such as mindfulness training and exposure therapy for anxiety and phobias.