The CDesign CD player is styled after the classic record player. Designer J. David Weiss, with engineers from North Carolina State University, created this cool concept that reflects the former LP turntable.
After the CD is locked into position, an arm which incorporates a laser reader folds down to meet the disc, and the tunes rip!
The designers estimate the retro unit will cost between $150 and $250 once produced. It’s a small price to pay to be on the cutting edge of sound.
The CDesign Gets Its Groove On
1. Retro-inspired Electronics - The CDesign CD player is an example of a retro-inspired electronic device that combines nostalgic design with modern technology.
2. Innovative Audio Playback - The CDesign CD player features an arm with a laser reader that folds down to meet the disc, offering a unique and innovative audio playback experience.
3. Affordable Cutting-edge Sound - With an estimated cost between $150 and $250, the CDesign CD player provides an affordable option for consumers who want to experience cutting-edge sound.
1. Consumer Electronics - The CDesign CD player belongs to the consumer electronics industry, which constantly seeks innovative and stylish devices to meet consumer demands.
2. Audio Technology - The CDesign CD player incorporates audio technology advancements, presenting opportunities for companies in the audio technology industry to develop unique products.
3. Design and Engineering - The collaboration between J. David Weiss, a designer, and engineers from North Carolina State University demonstrates the potential for disruptive innovation at the intersection of design and engineering.