This beautifully restored mid-century house in Palm Springs is a dream pad for retro design enthusiasts.
The restoration of this charming house was taken over by renowned architect and design wiz William Cody. Built originally in 1962, the Abernathy House was renovated in a way to maintain its authentic flair and identity.
After 50 years of neglect, Cody recently finished the restoration of the Abernathy House. Featuring rich wood textures and colorful art pieces and ascents, the retro design harmoniously meshes with its surrounding palm trees and translucent blue pool water—it looks like a mirage.
The architect also made sure to use all the right contemporary pieces—like an awesomely shaped light fixtures—to make this mid-century house fit in with our modern tastes.
The Abernathy House Renovations Mix Retro Design with Modern
1. Retro Design - Opportunity for businesses to create modern products with a retro aesthetic.
2. Mid-century Restoration - Potential for businesses to specialize in restoring and reviving mid-century houses.
3. Authentic Retro Flair - Demand for businesses that can authentically recreate and maintain retro design elements.
1. Interior Design - Innovative firms can offer retro-inspired interior design services for clients seeking a nostalgic aesthetic.
2. Vintage Furniture - Opportunity for sellers and collectors of vintage furniture to cater to the demand for retro pieces.
3. Architectural Restoration - Specialized restoration firms can capitalize on the growing market for reviving mid-century architecture.