In collaboration with robotics creator Hiroshi Ishiguro, a family restaurant chain in Japan called Coco's created a unique restaurant robot. Rather than being tasked with a job that will help to speed up service, the bot's sole purpose is to keep groups entertained as they wait for their orders to be served.
The small tabletop robots from Coco's are dressed up in charming white chef costumes and the animated characters engage children and their families as a way to make the time go by a little bit faster.
Across the service industry, robots are being used for everything from meal preparation to carrying dishes to customers, indicating that the level of service that may be offered by robots in the foodservice industry of the future will be even more advanced.
Bots from Coco's Family Restaurant Chain Entertain Patrons as They Wait
1. Entertaining Service Robots - Creating robots that engage and entertain customers while they wait for service can enhance the overall dining experience.
2. Robot-assisted Foodservice Industry - Integrating robots into various aspects of the foodservice industry, from meal preparation to customer interaction, can revolutionize efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.
3. Advanced Service Robotics - The use of robots in the restaurant industry is indicative of a future where service robots are more advanced and capable of providing a higher level of service to customers.
1. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can explore the use of entertaining robots to keep customers engaged and satisfied during wait times.
2. Foodservice Industry - Integrating robots into food preparation and customer service can streamline operations and enhance overall efficiency in the foodservice industry.
3. Robotics Industry - The development of advanced service robots for the restaurant industry presents opportunities for innovation and growth in the robotics sector.