Fans of Chipotle also love avocados and guacamole and the restaurant chain is now introducing its own range of responsibly sourced apparel that includes designs dyed with upcycled avocado pits. The branded, unisex pieces are made with organic cotton and they're being introduced exclusively for Chipotle Rewards members. All of the profits from the Chipotle Goods apparel and accessory will help to support organizations that are devoted to making fashion and farming more sustainable.
Chipotle Rewards members will be drawn to styles in the open-looped line like t-shirts, sweatshirts and tote bags that are uniquely made with plant-based dyes using avocado pits from Chipotle restaurants—each piece requires about five avocado pits, which is about equal to five orders of guacamole.
Image Credit: Chipotle
Chipotle's Responsibly Sourced Apparel Gets Color from Upcycled Avocado Pits
1. Responsibly Sourced Apparel - Opportunities for developing and promoting clothing made from sustainable and ethically sourced materials.
2. Plant-based Dyes - Potential for using natural dyes derived from plant-based materials as an alternative to conventional synthetic dyes.
3. Circular Fashion - Innovations in creating closed-loop systems for the fashion industry, such as upcycling waste materials for clothing production.
1. Fast Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the fast fashion industry to adopt sustainable sourcing and production practices.
2. Organic Cotton - Opportunities for the organic cotton industry to partner with sustainable fashion brands in promoting eco-friendly clothing manufacturing.
3. Food Waste Management - Potential for collaboration between food waste management industries and fashion brands to repurpose by-products like avocado pits for textile production.