Mytheresa and Vestiaire Collective are in partnership to support a more sustainable fashion ecosystem and they created a resale service that appeals to high-end luxury customers. Mytheresa’s top clients will be invited to participate in the program, where they can circulate pre-loved items in a way that benefits them, as well as buyers who are looking for authentic goods. Vestiaire Collective takes care of assessing the quality and authenticity of the pre-used items so that people can purchase high-end goods in a way that is secure, convenient and sustainable.
According to the partnering brands, "This initiative marks the first time that a multi-brand luxury platform embraces designer resale in a comprehensive way to reinforce the shift to circularity as part of the fashion ecosystem."
Mytheresa & Vestiaire Collective Align Fashion with Circularity
1. Circular Luxury Resale - Offering high-end fashion resale services that benefit both sellers and buyers creates a sustainable circular ecosystem in the luxury fashion industry.
2. Multi-brand Collaborations - Partnering with other luxury brands to offer resale service gives customers more options and strengthens the shift towards circularity in the fashion industry.
3. Authenticity Verification - Using technology and expertise to authenticate pre-loved items creates a more secure and trustworthy resale experience for luxury fashion buyers.
1. Fashion Retail - By implementing resale services, fashion retailers can attract and retain customers who are environmentally conscious and interested in sustainable fashion practices.
2. Luxury Goods - The luxury fashion industry can tap into a growing market of conscious consumers by offering resale services that uphold their brand standards of quality and authenticity.
3. Technology - Developing automated authentication processes and advanced algorithms to improve the resale experience for luxury fashion buyers presents an opportunity for technology companies.