Taking on the greats and some of their masterpieces, Netherlands-based photographer Zdenek Sindelar has created a renaissance paintings photo series that features ironic modern still lifes and juxtaposing portraits inspired by the old masters.
Paying homage to famous artists and their artwork, Sindelar recreates certain paintings and gives them names that even sound like they're from another era like 'The Supper', 'The Passion of St. Sidonius' and 'Still Alive'. What makes this renaissance paintings photo series unique is the fact that Sindelar does a beautiful job mimicking the artful compositions, rich colors and contrast of light and shadow that was often found in paintings from the time. Paying his respects to the works of Dutch painters like Rembrandt and Pieter Claesz, the photographer does a stunning job fusing the past with the present by adding modern elements.
This Renaissance Paintings Photo Series Mixes Past and Present
1. Modern Renaissance Art - Using modern elements in recreations of classic Renaissance paintings allows for a new form of artistic expression.
2. Juxtaposition Photography - Combining old and new elements in photography creates a novel form of artistic expression.
3. Artistic Homage - Paying tribute to famous artists through photography creates new opportunities to celebrate the past while innovating for the future.
1. Fine Arts - Innovation in photography and techniques can create new forms of artistic expression within the fine arts industry.
2. Advertising & Marketing - Using modern and classic elements in photography can create effective and visually appealing ad campaigns for businesses.
3. Fashion & Design - Draw inspiration from the old masters while using modern design and material to create beautiful and unique fashion pieces.