Superflux, a London-based art studio, submitted a rustic-looking project entitled Refuge for Resurgence to the Venice Architecture Biennale. The art project invites humans and animals to sit at a banquet table together through its integration of natural furniture and traditional touches. This banquet is intended as a peace offering to the environment in the hopes of a new world.
The centerpiece of Refuge for Resurgence is a four-meter wooden banquet table hewn from wild oak and interspersed with 14 individually carved stools. Each of the stools represents a different plant or animal species. These species are further accentuated through the individualized place settings. Many of the materials for the project were found and repurposed by the art studio. Refuge for Resurgence suggests a post-human future where nature has reclaimed the human world. The exhibit opens on May 22nd, 2021 through the Venice Architecture Biennale and can be found underneath the Venice Arsenale's arches.
Image Credit: Dezeen
Humans and Animals Dine Together in Superflux's Refuge for Resurgence
1. Eco-friendly Furniture - This trend presents an opportunity for furniture industries to develop natural furniture and repurpose materials for sustainability.
2. Inter-species Dining - This trend presents an opportunity for the restaurant industry to create immersive dining experiences that bring humans and animals together
3. Post-human Future - This trend presents an opportunity for industries to develop innovative solutions that prioritize nature and sustainability over human development.
1. Furniture - The furniture industry can leverage eco-friendly materials and innovative designs for sustainable furniture solutions.
2. Restaurant - Restaurants can create immersive eco-dining experiences that showcase sustainable food practices and bring humans and animals together in harmony.
3. Architecture - The architecture industry can develop innovative structures and designs that prioritize nature and the environment in a post-human future.