Rongjia Tao is a research scientist that is working towards creating reduce fat chocolate without substituting ingredients or eliminating sugar. Instead, Tao is hoping to lower fat content through placing an electric shock through the chocolate bars. This changes the overall process of the chocolate without compromising on the flavor.
Often times chocolate is considered unhealthy because it is made with sugar and milk products that contain high quantities of fat. While there is more wholesome alternatives, they often don't retain the creamy taste or texture of milk chocolate. Tao offers a solution by adding an electric current to the chocolate-making process that chances the viscosity of the bars. The chocolate undergoes shock treatment alters the genetic make chocolate giving it a creamer texture without having to add cocoa buttter.
Rongjia Tao is Aiming to Reduce Fat in Sweets Using Electricity
1. Reduced-fat Chocolates - Opportunity for creating healthier chocolate options by using electricity to reduce fat content without compromising flavor.
2. Electrified Food Innovation - Innovative approach of electrifying food products to alter texture and viscosity, presenting opportunities for experimentation and creating unique culinary experiences.
3. Alternative Ingredients in Sweets - Exploring ways to use alternative ingredients and techniques like electric shock treatment to transform traditional sweets into healthier options.
1. Food and Beverage - Electricity-based methods can disrupt the food and beverage industry by offering healthier alternatives and reinventing classic recipes.
2. Confectionery - The confectionery industry can capitalize on the trend of healthier chocolates by incorporating electric shock treatments to create reduced-fat options without sacrificing taste.
3. Food Technology - The application of electric shock treatment to food products presents disruptive innovation opportunities in food technology, promoting healthier yet delicious offerings.