Plant-based diets have skyrocketed in popularity amongst consumers on an international basis and is driving up curiosity within omnivores, which is seeing new initiatives like Redefine Meat being developed.
The Israel-based startup utilizes 3D printing technology to create 100% plant-based 'meat' products that feature the same appearance, flavor and texture of steaks and roasts. The company is set to release its alternative meat 3D printer in 2020, which is reported to have a 95% smaller environmental impact when compared to traditional animal meats.
Co-Founder and CEO at Redefine Meat Eshchar Ben-Shitrit spoke on the company's inspiration and upcoming plans saying, "Our goal is not just to develop a new food product, but to introduce a new technology for developing, producing and scaling alt-meat products. We have already successfully printed great products for multiple foodie events, and over the coming 12 months, we will take the technology to the next level where we expect to make a huge impact on the meat market and the future of our planet."
Redefine Meat Creates 100% Plant-Based 'Meat' Using Technology
1. Plant-based Meat Alternatives - The increasing popularity of plant-based diets is driving the development of innovative technology-based meat alternatives such as Redefine Meat's 3D-printed meat products.
2. 3D Printing Technology for Alternative Meat Production - Redefine Meat's use of 3D printing technology to create plant-based meat products presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the alternative meat industry.
3. Reducing Environmental Impact Through Alternative Meat Production - The development of alternative meat technologies that have a significantly smaller environmental impact than traditional animal meats presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the eco-friendly food industry.
1. Food Technology - The use of 3D printing technology to create plant-based meat alternatives presents opportunities for innovation within the food technology industry.
2. Alternative Meat - Redefine Meat's 3D-printed plant-based meat products represent an opportunity for innovation within the alternative meat industry.
3. Sustainability and Environmental Conservation - The reduction of environmental impact through alternative meat production technologies presents an opportunity for innovation within the sustainability and environmental conservation industries.