What happens to the smashed windshields after a drinking and driving incident render a car in shambles? Well, one company recycles them into beer glasses!
Ok, ok, so it's not that ironic. The Recycled Windshield Glasses don't only use glass from DUI cases, but I'm sure some of the recycled windshields they use could stem from that.
"Sturdy and strong, these heavy glasses have a slight green tint due to the dye added to the original windshield glass to lessen sun's glare," explains Uncommon Goods. "Beautiful and interesting, these glasses will please everyone from the environmentalist to the car enthusiast. Each is one of a kind and will vary."
The pilsner glasses, which are handmade in Columbia, are $20 for a set of two.
They also have Recycled Windshield Wine Glasses which sell for $22 for two.
Recycled Windshield Beer Glasses
1. Recycled Products - Opportunity for businesses to create innovative products using recycled materials.
2. Sustainable Glassware - Potential for businesses to produce eco-friendly glassware using recycled windshields.
3. Unique Handmade Items - Market for distinctive handmade products like the Recycled Windshield Glasses.
1. Sustainability - Opportunity for the sustainability industry to promote and sell recycled glassware.
2. Home Decor - New options for the home decor industry to offer unique and eco-friendly glassware products.
3. Automotive - Disruptive innovation potential for the automotive industry to explore recycling car parts for other purposes.