After you trash your bike in a downhill mountain biking accident; turn it into a piece of furniture for your loft. Founder, Andy Gregg creates tables, chairs and bar stools out of old parts from bikes. And the upholstery options include leather, rubber, cork, clear and colored acrylic, and vinyl. Check out the site for more cool pieces. (GUSH Magazine)
Implications - The environmental trend is highly popular. Consumers want to minimize their impact on the environment, therefore recycled furniture is highly appealing. By purchasing products that are recycled, they are able to satisfy their desire of minimal environmental damage. Additionally, the consumers feel better about the purchase and overall perception of the company changes or stays positive.
1. Recycled Furniture - Opportunity for businesses to create furniture using recycled materials, appealing to environmentally conscious consumers and reducing environmental impact.
2. Upcycled Design - Potential for businesses to incorporate upcycled materials into their designs, providing unique and sustainable products that cater to eco-friendly consumers.
3. Circular Economy - Disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to embrace circular economy principles by repurposing discarded items, such as bikes, into functional and stylish furniture pieces.
1. Furniture - Businesses in the furniture industry can explore the production of recycled bike furniture, offering eco-friendly options to consumers while demonstrating a commitment to sustainability.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior design companies to incorporate recycled bike furniture into their projects, providing clients with unique and sustainable design solutions.
3. Sustainable Manufacturing - Businesses in the sustainable manufacturing industry can repurpose discarded bike parts into furniture, contributing to a circular economy and reducing waste.