In the wake of climate change and the pollution crisis, Burt's Bee partnered with TerraCycle to launch a national recycling initiative titled the 'Recycle On Us' program. This program is completely free to consumers and allows them to recycle all Burt's Bees personal care, lip care, and beauty care packaging to TerraCycle to recycle. Once the packaging is collected, it's cleaned and melted and turned into new products.
“Sustainability is one of Burt’s Bees’ core values,” explains Paula Alexander, Director of Sustainable Business and Innovation. “Burt’s Bees strives to formulate with natural ingredients and design our packaging with mindful materials, such as post-consumer recycled content, but we don’t stop there. Now, through our partnership with TerraCycle, we can not only minimize the material used to create our packaging but through nationwide recycling access, minimize or even eliminate used packaging entering the waste stream.”
The Burt’s Bees Recycle On Us program is available to individuals, schools, offices, and community organization
Image Credit: OleksandrShnuryk / Shutterstock
Burt’s Bees & TerraCycle Launched the 'Recycle on Us' Program
1. Personal-care Recycling - Burt's Bees & TerraCycle teamed up to launch a national recycling initiative that brings a new meaning to #self-care Sunday.
2. Circular Packaging - It's not enough to choose sustainable ingredients for personal care products anymore. Corporations must also design mindful packaging that has a second life, just like the beauty products they hold.
3. Green Partnerships - To tackle the waste management crisis, brands must team up with third-party organizations who specialize in responsible recycling and waste management.
1. Personal-care Industry - With the rise of the circular economy, personal care brands must start to invest in environmentally-friendly products and production processes in order to remain competitive.
2. Waste Management Industry - As the world increasingly values ethical waste management practices, recycling companies like TerraCycle will be the go-to for companies looking to minimize or eliminate waste in their supply chain.
3. Sustainability Consulting Industry - With companies looking for more innovative ways to manage their waste, sustainability consultants will play an important role in advising companies on the best way to minimize their environmental footprint.