Hidden Gems' Reveal is a unique ready-to-drink beverage that's made from avocado seeds. Featuring upcycled ingredients, the better-for-you drink is packed with probiotics and is said to have three times the antioxidant content of kombucha and green tea. The zero-calorie, zero-sugar drinks contain apple cider vinegar and help to give value to ingredients that are often wasted by the food industry. It's estimated that 15 million pounds of avocado seeds are thrown away weekly, yet the seed of an avocado is the source of 57% of an avocado's antioxidants.
The unique beverages from Reveal are set to launch soon in flavored varieties like Rose & Mint and Mango & Ginger, a journey that was initially inspired by a bowl of guacamole and finding more seeds and skin than pulp.
Image Credit: Hidden Gems Beverage
Reveal is a Ready-to-Drink Beverage with Probiotics & Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Upcycled Ingredients - The use of upcycled ingredients in beverages presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the food and beverage industry.
2. Probiotic Beverages - The growing popularity of probiotic beverages offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for the health and wellness industry.
3. Reducing Food Waste - Addressing food waste through the utilization of otherwise discarded avocado seeds creates a disruptive innovation opportunity in sustainable practices within the food industry.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore the use of upcycled ingredients to create innovative and sustainable products.
2. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can leverage the popularity of probiotic beverages to develop new products and services.
3. Sustainable Practices - The food industry can embrace reducing food waste by incorporating discarded avocado seeds into their product offerings, leading to innovative sustainable practices.