Selena Gomez is following the lead of other celebs like Rihanna and Kim Kardashian West with the launch of her upcoming makeup line, dubbed 'Rare Beauty.' The Latina singer announced the debut via her Instagram profile, telling fans the series will be available at Sephora stores in the summer of 2020. While the line's products are currently not listed, the promotional video showcases Selena uses foundations, lip glosses, eye products, and blush.
Rare Beauty's branding aligns with the empowering messages from Selena's most recent single and album of the name that encourages consumers to embrace their uniqueness and not strive for unattainable perfection. By highlighting the vulnerability many consumers currently face, Rare Beauty's message of self-acceptance is part of the brand's effort for catalyzation -- accelerating the personal development of its consumers, specifically that of the Latinx community who may view Selena as a role model.
Selena Gomez Announced the Launch of a Makeup Line, Rare Beauty
1. Celebrity Beauty Lines - Opportunity for celebrities to launch their own makeup brand, aligning the brand's message with their own personal values and aesthetics.
2. Empowering Branding - A focus on empowering messaging can be a disruptive innovation opportunity to differentiate beauty products from competitors, and align with consumers seeking authenticity and self-acceptance.
3. Diversity and Inclusion - Creating makeup for a diverse group of consumers and using inclusive advertising campaigns is a disruptive innovation opportunity, for brands looking to represent the various types of consumers and bring inclusivity to the industry.
1. Makeup Industry - Opportunity to adopt empowering branding messages and embrace diversity and inclusion to reach consumers who are looking to feel unique and accepted.
2. Celebrity Endorsed Products - Celebrities have the power to disrupt the beauty industry by launching their own lines of makeup products and the opportunity to connect their fan base with products they truly value.
3. Retail Industry - The retail industry can benefit from offering a variety of makeup products that cater to a diverse group of consumers in order to increase brand recognition and reach a wider audience.