Ford Fairlane gets the approval. Interesting enough the Fairlane resembles the Range Rover design with minor tweaks.
Keeps me thinking how on earth you can resemble that much an existing vehicle but still Fairlane is the sign of the changing SUV scene in the US. The famous US SUV concept is becoming much more European at least in terms of design, which is also evident in Infiniti designs.
Implications - Designs that borrow from competitors slightly can be an interesting way to innovate. Through using minute elements from other competitors designs businesses can crete products that incorporate what has worked in the past, while adding new individual features. Slight similarities will continue to be inevitable between competitor's designs and with such they should be embraced across all industries.
1. European-inspired SUV Designs - Companies can leverage the growing trend of European-inspired designs in SUVs by incorporating elements that have proven successful in the past while adding unique features.
2. Embracing Similarities in Competitor Designs - Recognizing and embracing inevitable similarities between competitor designs can lead to innovative product development that combines proven elements with new individual features.
3. Transatlantic Influence on SUV Design - The transatlantic influence on SUV designs presents an opportunity for companies to create disruptive innovation by blending American and European design aesthetics.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can capitalize on the trend of European-inspired designs in SUVs by developing vehicles that incorporate successful elements from competitors while adding unique features.
2. Product Design - In the field of product design, recognizing and embracing similarities in competitor designs can spur disruptive innovation by combining proven design elements with novel features.
3. Transatlantic Trade - The transatlantic influence on SUV design presents opportunities for the transatlantic trade industry to facilitate the exchange of design aesthetics and ideas, fostering disruptive innovation.