Consumers might not end up using the Pyronix SMOKE-WE everyday, but in the case of an emergency, they'll be grateful they had the intelligent smoke detector on hand. Combining the key functionality of the standard smoke detector with the smart connectivity of the best IFTTT devices on the market.
Of course, the Pyronix SMOKE-WE features a loud, 85 decibel alert when it senses smoke. However, it's so much more than a noise-maker. The device uses a photoelectric smoke sensor, a removable smoke chamber, and a manual test button to verify battery status. It also connects to the HomeControl+ Security System, which couples with Pyronix's app. This means that consumers can get notifications directly to their phone or tablet about everything from battery replacements to smoke alerts themselves.
Ideally, smoke detectors are devices that one never has to use, but it's better to have a SMOKE-WE everyday than to not have one at all.
The Pyronix SMOKE-WE Uses the HomeControl+ Security System
1. App-connected Smoke Detectors - The trend towards smart fire safety technology can be capitalized on by developing intelligent smoke detectors that can integrate with existing smart home sensor networks and communicate via mobile apps.
2. Home Security Systems - As Pyronix has shown, the use of intelligent smoke detectors with app-connected home security systems can be a lucrative field for businesses looking to innovate and disrupt the home security industry.
3. Smart Home Devices - The Pyronix SMOKE-WE demonstrates how smart devices can be combined with traditional, essential home appliances to create a more integrated and cohesive smart home ecosystem.
1. Home Security - Integrating app-connected smoke detectors with traditional home security systems is a significant opportunity for businesses looking to disrupt the home security industry.
2. Fire Safety - The trend towards app-connected smoke detectors demonstrates a significant opportunity for businesses in the fire safety industry to develop intelligent smoke detectors that can communicate with other smart home devices.
3. Smart Home Technology - The integration of intelligent smoke detectors and other home appliances with mobile apps demonstrates a significant opportunity for businesses in the smart home technology industry.