If you would like to furnish your family room with a modern accent that is free of physical fuss, the Pyramid Table is a minimalist piece that will succeed in homing in your focus. Designed by Beacon Manufacturing, this coffee table comprises a single geometric shape that's framed in a structure of supportive legs.
Apparently modeled on the monuments of ancient Egypt, the movable takes the sturdy form of the five-sided polyhedron, flipping it over onto its squared bottom face to provide a flat tabletop. Finished mild steel was used to build this geometric element and slender copper plated beams surround it. These bend down and around to define the Pyramid Table within a rectangle, crisscrossing at its downward-facing point to emphasize the sharpness of this piece of furniture.
The Pyramid Table Takes the Inverted Form of a Monumental Structure
1. Geometric Furniture - There may be an opportunity to design furniture that incorporates a variety of geometric shapes, such as polyhedrons and pyramids, to create unique and minimalist pieces.
2. Minimalist Design - Designers may find success in creating products that utilize a simple and clean aesthetic, eschewing clutter in favor of modern and sleek design elements.
3. Metal and Copper Accents - As seen in the Pyramid Table, there is potential for using metals like copper and mild steel as decorative features in furnishings to add an element of sophistication.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Companies in the furniture industry may benefit from exploring streamlined and geometric designs, as well as experimenting with unique materials like metals, to create furniture that fits the modern aesthetic.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers may find success incorporating geometric furniture, like the Pyramid Table, into their designs to add a minimalist yet striking element to a room.
3. Metalworking - Metalworkers and blacksmiths may see an opportunity to create furniture and other home decor items using materials like copper and mild steel, as seen in the Pyramid table, that utilize geometric shapes and clean lines.