The jutting geological forms of northeastern Spain are interpreted into acute geometries that take shape as this unique pyramid home. TNA designed this residence as part of the Bourdais Solo Houses project, which has asked new-generation architects to create cutting-edge proposals for this luxury vacation and real estate destination.
Takei Nabeshima Architects have remained true to their rigid lines and forms, producing a structure that points into the landscape at the base and broadens to a flat roof at the top. The occupiable spaces within have been partitioned by straight walls and cascades of staircases, creating a largely open-plan interior with a cavernous atmosphere. A squared outdoor swimming pool complements the shape of the pyramid home.
This Holiday House Takes Harsh Geometries Amidst a Mountainous Landscape
1. Geometric Architecture - The upturned pyramid home represents a trend in architecture that embraces sharp angles and rigid geometries for a unique aesthetic.
2. Open-plan Interior - The jutting forms and cascading staircases create an open-plan interior, reflecting a trend in home design that emphasizes spaciousness and fluidity.
3. Luxury Vacation Homes - The pyramid home is part of a luxury vacation and real estate destination, highlighting a trend in the hospitality industry for unique and experiential accommodations.
1. Architecture - The upturned pyramid home offers architects an opportunity to explore innovative geometric designs that challenge traditional forms and structures.
2. Interior Design - The open-plan interior concept of the pyramid home presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for interior designers to create seamless and cohesive living spaces.
3. Hospitality - Luxury vacation homes like the pyramid residence cater to the growing demand for unique and immersive travel experiences, providing an opportunity for the hospitality industry to offer distinctive accommodations.