Egypt might be known for the Great Pyramids, but it is attempting to make a more modern statement by constructing the country's tallest skyscraper, which will happen to take on the form of a pyramid building. Meant to be used as a mix of government, commercial and entertainment space, the pyramid building will soar high as a skinnier version of its ancient predecessors.
By bringing such a proposal to life, this unusual pyramid building will refresh the world's view of the country and the city of Cairo. With as much political strife as it encounters on a daily basis, the news of this architectural feat brings a positive light to the country that it otherwise lacks on a daily basis. It's hard not to be enamored by the idea of a tall pyramid building.
Egypt is Constructing Her Tallest and Most Unusual Skyscraper
1. Pyramid-shaped Skyscrapers - The trend of constructing pyramid-shaped skyscrapers is growing due to the novelty and awe-inspiring visual impact they offer.
2. Mixed-use Buildings - The trend of constructing multi-purpose buildings for commercial, entertainment and government purposes is expanding to meet the demands of modern cities.
3. Architectural Tourism - The trend of traveling for the purpose of exploring unique and impressive architectural feats is on the rise, offering an opportunity for Egypt to promote its pyramid building to tourists.
1. Architecture - The architectural industry has an opportunity to innovate by experimenting with unique and visually impactful designs like pyramid-shaped skyscrapers.
2. Construction - The construction industry has an opportunity to innovate by building multi-purpose buildings that support the growing demand for mixed-use spaces.
3. Tourism - The tourism industry has an opportunity to innovate by promoting architectural tourism and showcasing unique buildings like Egypt's pyramid-shaped skyscraper to attract visitors.