This purple purse, designed by Scandal star Kerry Washington, is a symbol of the fight against domestic abuse.
Kerry Washington designed the purse in support of the Allstate Purple Purse campaign, which aims to help women escape situations of domestic violence through financial assistance. In addition to being a brand ambassador for Purple Purse, this is the second literal purple purse Kerry Washington has designed for the cause. The first edition raised $2.5 million for the foundation. This purple purse will be available for purchase at Saks Fifth Avenue as well as on the Purple Purse website.
One in four women will be a victim of domestic violence at some point in her life, and 98% of these cases involve financial abuse.
This Kerry Washington Accessory Supports the Purple Purse Campaign
1. Celebrity-designed Charity Accessories - Celebrity-designed accessories for charitable causes provide a unique way for celebrities to leverage their influence and raise funds for important social issues.
2. Financial Assistance for Women Facing Domestic Violence - Offering financial assistance to women in domestic abuse situations can empower them to break free from their abusers and start a new life.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility Campaigns - Corporate social responsibility campaigns, such as the Allstate Purple Purse campaign, enable businesses to align their brand with a social cause and make a positive impact in the community.
1. Fashion & Accessories - The fashion and accessories industry can collaborate with celebrities to create exclusive designs that raise funds for charitable organizations.
2. Nonprofit & Social Services - Nonprofit organizations and social services can leverage celebrity partnerships to raise awareness and funds for their causes, such as supporting survivors of domestic abuse.
3. Retail - Retailers can support charitable initiatives by offering exclusive products like the celebrity-designed purple purse, attracting socially-conscious consumers and driving sales.