The 'Public Lives, Secret Recipes' blog recently released a recipe for decadent berry-filled cheesecake with a crunchy puffed cereal crust. Hybrid desserts have become quite popular in recent years and this recipe manages to infuse a traditional summer dessert with a beloved breakfast food.
Unlike traditional cheesecakes, the crust of this cake is made from store-bought puffed cereal. While this ingredient is generally enjoyed as a breakfast food, it has become a popular ingredient in many food-mashups. Puffed cereals such as Rice Krispies are the perfect choice for many recipes because they provide a deliciously crunchy texture without adding too much sweetness. In this recipe, the cereal is used as a form of crust, which saves you the hassle of putting together a base of your own. The inside of the cake is then filled with a mix of berries, cream cheese and condensed milk. The end result is a decadent hybrid dessert that is both crunchy and creamy at the same time.
This Delicious Recipe Features a Crust Made from Puffed Cereal
1. Hybrid Desserts - Creating innovative combinations of two different desserts to create a unique and enticing treat.
2. Alternative Crusts - Exploring unconventional crust options, such as using puffed cereal, to add new flavors and textures to traditional desserts.
3. Food-mashups - Combining different types of foods to create unexpected flavor profiles and culinary experiences.
1. Food and Beverage - The industry can explore new ingredients and techniques to create innovative and exciting food products.
2. Bakery - Bakeries can experiment with alternative crust options to create unique and appealing desserts for their customers.
3. Recipe Development - Professionals in this industry can invent and refine new recipes that feature creative food-mashups for an adventurous audience.