Psyonix has announced that for the 2022-23 season of its international Collegiate Rocket League the company will be expanding to include Mexican universities for the first time. Accompanying this announcement is confirmation that automobile manufacturer Nissan will also return as title sponsor of the 2022 Collegiate Fall split.
CRL’s season will operate during the Fall and Spring seasons, with both splits featuring 16 teams from the Eastern and Western North American Conferences. Mexico’s universities will join the Western roster. To manage the league's European division, Psyonix has announced a partnership with the independent European University Rocketeers Championship (EURC), which organizes collegiate Rocket League tournaments.
On September 25, the CRL Fall split will commence. The precise date of the 2022–23 CRL World Championship has not yet been revealed, however, it will occur in the summer of 2023.
Image Credit: Rocket League Esports, Nissan
Collegiate Rocket League is Expanding to Mexico for the New Season
1. Expansion of Collegiate Esports in Mexico - There is an opportunity for gaming and tech industries to develop and market new esports platforms and supporting technologies that cater to the Mexican market.
2. Partnerships with Automobile Companies for Esports Sponsorship - Esports organizations can create lucrative brand partnership deals with automobile companies in the gaming industry to expand sponsorship opportunities in a growing market.
3. European Expansion of Collegiate Esports - With the growth of collegiate esports in Europe, there is an opportunity for the development and marketing of new gaming platforms and technologies that cater to the European market.
1. Gaming Industry - Esports tournaments attract gaming industry players who wish to capitalize on the growing market and diversify their brand products.
2. Technology Industry - As esports continue to gain popularity, there is an opportunity to develop and market new technology platforms that can support gaming activities in the esports industry.
3. Automobile Industry - Automobile companies have the opportunity to engage with a young, captive audience with esports sponsorships, capturing a growing market while increasing their brand visibility.