Dedicated to bringing prefab-housing solutions for the global residential crisis, Klein partners with architecture firm BIG to produce a small black cabin in the Hudson Valley, Upstate New York. The A45 has an angular structure and "a minimal footprint of 183 square feet." Offering the necessities for living, this open-concept space is built from dark-finished pine. The architectural silhouette seamlessly integrates itself within the forest. Its fully glazed side offers a beautiful outlook to the vegetation, as well as a reflection that serves as a communicative tool between the structure and the natural surroundings.
The prefab-housing solution is the first prototype for Klein. The main purpose of the start-up, founded by designer Soren Rose, is to create and manufacture "tiny house concepts" in collaboration with the world's leading architects.
Photo Credits: Matthew Carbone
BIG Creates an Ultra-Compact Cabin for Housing Start-Up Klein
1. Prefab-housing Solutions - Opportunity for manufacturers to collaborate with architecture firms and create innovative, compact housing solutions to address the global residential crisis.
2. Angular Structures - Opportunity to explore the use of unique angles and shapes in architectural design to create visually striking and practical living spaces.
3. Tiny House Concepts - Opportunity for designers and architects to develop innovative and sustainable small housing solutions that meet the needs of the modern world.
1. Prefab-housing - Disruptive innovation opportunities for the prefab-housing industry to create more efficient, affordable, and sustainable housing solutions.
2. Architecture - Opportunity for architects and design firms to collaborate with start-ups and manufacturers to push the boundaries of architectural design and create unique prefab-housing solutions.
3. Manufacturing - Opportunity for manufacturers to adapt and innovate their production processes to meet the growing demand for prefab-housing solutions and contribute to addressing the global residential crisis.