The Poua Floor Lamp is a combination of warm and cold. The latter is due to the materials used, which are often prevalent in sleek contemporary building designs while the former owes itself to the inspiration behind the design. Created as a reading light, the Poua Floor Lamp is meant to shed a welcoming glow in living spaces while maintaining a sophisticated aesthetic.
Designed by Rodrigo Lugo, an architect and designer based in Querétaro, Mexico, the Poua Floor Lamp reinterprets Concrete Test Cylinders, which are typically used to determinate the compressive strength of the concrete. The designer reveals, "The design preserves the geometry and the natural texture of the concrete cylinder, its marks, scratches and all of the mold defects on the exterior surface." It is carried on a thin metal tripod stand.
The Poua Floor Lamp by Rodrigo Lugo is Invitingly Contemporary
1. Cylindrical Lighting Design - Opportunity for designers to create contemporary lighting pieces inspired by unconventional shapes.
2. Warm and Cold Materials - Potential for the use of contrasting materials to create visually interesting and inviting designs.
3. Reinterpretation of Industrial Objects - Innovative possibilities for repurposing industrial items into artistic and functional products.
1. Lighting Design - Chance for lighting designers to explore new shapes and materials to create unique and visually striking products.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to incorporate statement lighting pieces into contemporary living spaces.
3. Product Design - Potential for product designers to transform industrial objects into aesthetically appealing and functional products.