Aiming to raise more money for children with cancer, Peru's Magia developed the POS Can. In past years, the charity found that people were willing to open their hearts and wallets by dropping in a few loose coins into the can, but to take this system to the next level, the brand transformed these recognizable donation stations with technology.
The POS Can looks just like the colorful cans that people are familiar with, but rather than accepting coins, this system takes cards. For the most part, the form was kept the same, now featuring a slot that could dispense receipts. As far as how well it worked, Magia reports a record-breaking success from these new donation cans.
Magia's POS Can Helps to Collect More Donations for Kids with Cancer
1. Card-based Donation Systems - The development of card-based donation systems like Magia's POS Can presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the fundraising sector, enabling easier and more secure transactions.
2. Technological Transformation of Donation Stations - The use of technology to transform traditional donation stations, as seen in Magia's POS Can, offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for charities to enhance the donor experience and increase fundraising potential.
3. Record-breaking Donation Methods - The success of Magia's POS Can in collecting record-breaking donations indicates a potential disruptive innovation opportunity in revolutionizing traditional fundraising models for charitable organizations.
1. Fundraising - The development of card-based donation systems like Magia's POS Can presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the fundraising industry by revolutionizing traditional donation methods.
2. Charitable Organizations - The technological transformation of donation stations, as seen in Magia's POS Can, offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for charitable organizations to enhance their fundraising capabilities.
3. Payment Processing - The success of card-based donation systems like Magia's POS Can indicates a disruptive innovation opportunity for the payment processing industry to cater to the unique needs of charitable donations.