The photo series titled Portraits with Hairstyles by Petr Dmitriev, an art director hailing from Saint Petersburg, Russia, darkly portrays primitive looks that are more sculptural than everyday. Like works of art, the hairstyles captured in each shot will trigger sets of emotion in viewers, especially since they do not conform with what is deemed acceptable beauty today.
Captured in collaboration with fellow Russian photographer Vadim Stein, Portraits with Hairstyles by Petr Dmitriev is shot predominantly in black and white. This adds an air of age and mystery to each image, which goes hand-in-hand with the subject matter. Although it embraces rather strange and shocking coiled and braided hairstyles, people will be drawn to the series.
Portraits with Hairstyles by Petr Dmitriev Darkly Portrays Tribal Looks
1. Sculptural Hairstyles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore unique and unconventional hairstyles that challenge traditional notions of beauty.
2. Artistic Portraiture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine photography and hairstyling to create visually captivating and emotionally evocative portraits.
3. Embracing Non-conformity - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Celebrate diversity and promote self-expression through unconventional and boundary-pushing hairstyles.
1. Fashion and Beauty - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create new product lines and campaigns that embrace bold and unconventional hairstyles in the fashion and beauty industry.
2. Haircare and Styling - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative hair products and styling techniques to achieve complex and sculptural hairstyles.
3. Art and Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with hairstylists and photographers to create visually stunning and thought-provoking artistic portraits.