Artist Pablo Jurado Ruiz takes his portrait drawing very seriously, creating intricately detailed drawings using the tiniest of dots with an incredibly thin pen.
By clustering dots closer together, the artist is able to thicken and darken certain areas, creating shadow and depth skillfully and accurately. His portraits have a whimsical feel to them, with many referencing happy childhood memories and quirky characters. The arresting amount of time and detail that goes into this portrait series is well worth the effort as viewers get to enjoy the images from afar and can still have an impressively intricate impression from up close as well.
Portrait drawing becomes a painstakingly remarkable undertaking as artist Pablo Jurado Ruiz implements his precisely placed dotting technique.
Pablo Jurado Ruiz Uses Thousands of Dots in His Portrait Drawings
1. Intricate Dotting Technique - The use of thousands of dots in portrait drawings creates intricate and detailed artworks.
2. Whimsical Portraits - Portraits with a whimsical feel that reference happy childhood memories and quirky characters are gaining popularity.
3. Precision in Art - Artists incorporating precise techniques like dotting are creating visually arresting and impressive artworks.
1. Fine Arts - The fine arts industry can explore new techniques like dotting to create unique and intricate artworks.
2. Art Education - Art education can incorporate the teaching of dotting techniques to help aspiring artists create detailed and precise artworks.
3. Art Galleries - Art galleries can showcase whimsical portrait artworks that captivate viewers with their intricate dotting technique.