If you are looking for a terrifying but delicious treat to serve up on Halloween, look no further than these poison toffee apples. This recipe from Alida Ryder of Simply Delicious is inspired by Maleficent, with a black candy coated exterior. Rather than a typical red candy apple or brown caramel coating, these toffee apples uses black gel food coloring to give the sweet snacks a scarier look.
By combining food coloring, sugar, water and corn syrup, you can make your own caramel to dip the apples into. In addition to providing a fun and holiday appropriate food to entertain with if you're hosting a Halloween party, the poison toffee apples also make a great center piece.
These Black Poison Toffee Apples are Perfect to Serve on Halloween
1. Spooky Halloween Treats - There is an opportunity for creating more creepy and creative Halloween-themed treats that are perfect for sharing on social media.
2. Alternative Coating Ingredients - There is an opportunity for recipe developers and food manufacturers to experiment with alternative, eye-catching ingredients to make their candied apples stand out among traditional recipes.
3. Customizable Food Coloring - There is an opportunity for companies to create customizable food coloring targeting events like Halloween that could be used for variety of sweet treats.
1. Food and Beverage - Companies can innovate with new ways of making candied apples for Halloween that appeal to consumers, especially around holidays and special events
2. Event Planning - Event planners can curate unique treats that align with certain party themes, delivering an unforgettable experience.
3. Social Media - Social media platforms like Instagram and Pinterest can provide opportunities for businesses to market their Halloween-themed treats, especially in the months leading up to of Halloween.