Mattel is now relaunching an iconic 90s pocket toy for a new generation with a focus on empowerment. To introduce a new generation of kids to Polly, the look of characters and scenes have been updated, and the all-new product line is set to be paired with an animated series.
At the New York Toy Fair, three Polly Pocket products were shown, including the: Tiny Pocket Places Assortment, the World Assortment and the Hidden in Plain Sight Assortment. As Hailey Sullivan, VP of Marketing, Girls Toy Box Mattel notes: "Many of today's parents were the generation that made Polly Pocket a phenomenon and now they can introduce their children to Polly's world."
The micro playsets aim to remind girls that "tiny is mighty" and the relaunch of Polly Pocket will be supported by a campaign that inspires young girls to be courageous.
Mattel is Reintroducing Polly Pocket to Show Girls "Tiny is Mighty"
1. Empowered Pocket Playsets - The relaunch of Polly Pocket focuses on empowering young girls and inspiring them to be courageous.
2. Updated Pocket Toy Design - Polly Pocket's characters and scenery have been updated to appeal to a new generation of kids.
3. Animated Pocket Toy Series - Polly Pocket's new product line will be paired with an animated series to further engage kids.
1. Toy Industry - The relaunch of Polly Pocket presents an opportunity for the toy industry to revamp nostalgic toys and appeal to new generations.
2. Animation Industry - The launch of an animated series alongside the updated Polly Pocket toy line creates an opportunity for growth in the animation industry.
3. Marketing Industry - The Polly Pocket relaunch represents a chance for marketing professionals to inspire young girls through powerful campaigns and messaging.