One of (the notoriously pessimistic) Internet culture's favorite memes is jumping out of its online space and into reality as a plush dog thanks to KC Green, the artist behind the original "This is Fine" comic. The adorably naive and blissfully ignorant pup will come in stuffed form, replete with accurate colors and holding his signature "This is Fine" mug.
Beyond the 13-inch tall plush dog itself, Green is offering a "Play Pak," which is a cross-section of the burning apartment in which the meme takes place. Rest assured that the Play Pak's flames will be drawn rather than actually ablaze. Other add-ons for the 'This is Fine' plush dog include a fridge magnet and a sticker of the original comic.
The 'This is Fine' Plush Dog Brings the Online Meme Into Reality
1. Meme-themed Merchandise - Opportunity to capitalize on the growing trend of creating physical products inspired by popular online memes.
2. Cross-platform Marketing - Opportunity to incorporate popular online memes into physical products to attract younger, digitally-skewed audiences.
3. Social Media Marketing - Opportunity to create buzz around meme-themed products through strategic social media marketing campaigns.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Opportunity for toy companies to create meme-themed stuffed animals and toys for a younger, digitally-savvy audience.
2. Pop Culture Merchandise - Opportunity for companies in the pop culture merchandise industry to incorporate popular online memes into their product offerings.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity for marketing and advertising agencies to leverage the popularity of online memes in cross-platform and social media campaigns.