The tobacco companies know to get kids started while they're young, so why not take that same concept and apply it to something conducive to environmental good like this Plastic Planet children's book? Detailing the excessive use of plastics by consumers, Plastic Planet aims to promote awareness at an early age to ensure that future generations don't repeat the irresponsible mistakes of people decades ago.
Even if you aren't a fan of stories with obvious beat-them-over-the-head messages, you can still enjoy Plastic Planet's story about three aliens leaving their planet and surveying Earth to see whether it's suitable for their migration.
Implications - Consumers are more readily willing to spend money on children because they idealize them as hope for the future. As such, even cash-strapped consumers will splurge on products they feel will better their offspring. Corporations may consider releasing a line of child-centric products as a way to generate revenue.
Plastic Planet Prepares Kids for a Greener Future
1. Eco-conscious Children's Books - The increasing demand for environmentally friendly children’s books is an opportunity for authors to educate and inform children about environmental problems and inspire them to become activists.
2. Plastic Reduction - The popularity of Plastic Planet shows the increasing public concern about plastic pollution and the opportunity for companies to develop eco-friendly products and packaging.
3. Introducing Social Issues to Children - Plastic Planet demonstrates the need and opportunity to introduce children to social issues, such as environmental problems, at a young age to encourage their active involvement in solving them as they grow up.
1. Publishing Industry - The rise of environmentally conscious children’s books is an opportunity for publishing companies to expand their products by creating more eco-friendly and educational books to meet the growing demand.
2. Toy Industry - The popularity of children’s environmental books, such as Plastic Planet, provides a disruptive innovation opportunity for toy companies to create eco-friendly and educational toys to inspire children to become environmentally conscious.
3. Education Industry - The increasing demand for eco-conscious children’s books creates a opportunity for educational institutions to integrate these materials into their curriculum and teaching strategies to raise awareness and educate students about environmental problems.