While traditional plant apps help the user take care of flowers and potted greenery through timely reminders, SmartTerra takes it one step further by stimulating a controllable self-contained miniature ecosystem -- a real digital terrarium. The mobile platform is capable to tend to high maintenance plants through "stimulating sunrises, sunsets, rainstorms and even lighting shows" in an enclosed terrarium. The product features a night time mode with soft accent lights, in order to convince the oxygen-producing friends that they are in fact within a natural environment.
In addition, the SmartTerra plant app informs the user of the plant species and their ideal environments. Optimizing a high-intensity LEDs, the botanic terrarium will receive a sustainable amount of sunlight that would omit the worry of a well-lit living space.
Photo Credits: Facebook @mysmartterra
SmartTerra Helps Users Maintain the Plants in Their Homes
1. Terrarium-enabled Plant Maintenance - Opportunity for plant tech companies to create more sophisticated plant apps that mimic ecosystems for maintenance and growth optimization of indoor plants
2. Smart LED Plant Lighting - Opportunity for companies to innovate smart LED lighting solutions that enable optimal plant growth and maintenance indoors
3. Digitized Botanical Ecosystems - Opportunity for companies to create digital ecosystems that can sustain indoor plants without requiring high-level care and maintenance
1. Plant Tech - Companies in the plant tech industry can leverage ecosystem-mimicking plant apps to offer more sophisticated plant maintenance services for indoor plant enthusiasts.
2. Smart Lighting - Companies in the smart lighting industry can design innovative solutions that optimize indoor plant growth and maintenance using LED lighting technology.
3. Digital Terrariums - Companies in the tech industry can explore new opportunities in the development of digital terrariums that sustain indoor plants with minimal care and maintenance requirements.