The Pixy is Snapchat's latest hardware launch. Marking the social media company's second piece of equipment, the Pixy is a pared-back drone. The drone is pocket-sized and is designed to take hands-free selfies. It aims to create accessibility for all users with its light weight of 101 grams.
The Pixy is controlled by a simple start button and mode dial, rather than requiring a controller. Designed with a bright yellow plastic casing, users can recall the drone by turning their palms towards the sky. The pixy is then prompted to land in their hand for a highly user-friendly experience. Dubbed the "friendly flying camera," the Pixy acts as a companion to Snapchat's social media app for a new photo-taking experience.
Image Credit: Snapchat
Snapchat Launches a Pocket-Sized Drone Dubbed Pixy
1. Social Media-connected Drones - The rise of drones with integrated social media compatibility offers a new level of user experience and engagement.
2. Pocket-sized Drones - More emphasis is being placed on smaller-sized drones that offer more accessibility and portability for users on the go.
3. User-friendly Drone Controls - The simplification of drone controls with fewer buttons and dials makes it easier for non-technical users to operate drones.
1. Social Media - Social media platforms can enhance user engagement by incorporating drone technology into their platforms for innovative new experiences.
2. Consumer Electronics - Drone manufacturers can target a wider market by introducing pocket-sized, easy-to-use drones that appeal to non-technical users.
3. Photography and Video Production - There is an opportunity for photographers and videographers to experiment with social media-connected drones for capturing aerial footage and enhancing their creative workflows.