Pitango is a unique soup company that uses plastic pouches to package its soups instead of traditional cans. This interesting way to package soups requirs an interesting design as well. Through a collaboration with Australian designers at Jam & Co Design, these graphically patterned pouches were produced.
The branding incorporates the heritage of Pitango products, which embodies the all-natural organic elements of the company. It also infuses the packages with modern designs that are vibrant and eye-catching to consumers. Each pouch features a different design pattern with bright colors like red and yellow at the top of the bag with the brands name printed in playful white typography.
The bag is broken up in three sections. The first is the graphic print, then a black rectangle with the flavor written on it and the bottom section is a clear window that reveals the pouch's contents.
'Pitango' Uses Graphically Patterned Bags to Package its Soup
1. Plastic Packaging - Exploring alternative packaging materials and designs for food products, such as plastic pouches, can create opportunities for disruptive innovation.
2. Graphic Branding - Integrating visually appealing and unique graphic designs into product packaging, like the graphically patterned bags used by Pitango, can create a memorable and eye-catching brand identity.
3. Mixing Modern and Natural Elements - Combining modern design elements with a focus on natural and organic elements can create a compelling brand story and appeal to consumers who value both aesthetics and sustainability.
1. Food Packaging - The food packaging industry can explore innovative packaging materials and designs, such as plastic pouches, to enhance product differentiation and consumer experience.
2. Graphic Design - The graphic design industry can collaborate with food and beverage brands to create visually striking and unique packaging designs that capture consumer attention and communicate brand values effectively.
3. Organic Food - The organic food industry can leverage creative branding strategies, like Pitango's incorporation of natural and modern elements, to differentiate their products and connect with health-conscious consumers.