'Picnic Wine' from Madrid, Spain is a new brand that focuses on freshness and playing up themes of al fresco dining.
True to its name, Picnic uses the same style of pattern that can be found on picnic blankets for its wine bottle packaging. Varieties include white, red and rosé varieties that are packaged in bottles that resemble blankets of different colors. With each bottle, Picnic Wine hopes to capture the "Mediterranean way of wine," as printed on the front of each package.
While the majority of wine bottles are designed with subdued, sophisticated color schemes, these ones adopt playful colors and patterns that help to communicate the joys of spending time outside in warm weather.
'Picnic Wine' Boasts Packaging That Resembles a Classic Blanket Pattern
1. Al Fresco-themed Packaging - Opportunity for wine brands to use playful and creative packaging featuring outdoor themes to target consumers who enjoy outdoor activities and dining.
2. Heritage-themed Packaging - Opportunity for food and beverage brands to use traditional patterns or motifs to convey the authenticity and history of their unique products.
3. Multi-functional Packaging - Opportunity for brands to create packaging that can be repurposed, such as the Picnic Wine bottles that can serve as both a wine container and a decorative piece due to its unique design.
1. Wine - Opportunity for wine makers to differentiate themselves in a saturated market by using innovative packaging designs.
2. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage brands to use novel packaging designs to enhance brand image and attract new audiences.
3. Home Decor - Opportunity for home decor brands to create products that serve dual purposes, such as decorative bottles that can also function as wine containers.