Brussels Airlines has resorted to an pickpocketing awareness campaign which involves placing fake plastic hands in un-attended bags. The goal: freak people out and get them to be more careful. The firm LG&F came up with the idea. Nice.
Implications - Campaigns like this might seem truly unorthodox, but they generate media attention and definitely get people talking in a major way. No person who encountered an experience like this would soon forget it, and this lasting effect definitely makes guerrilla advertising efforts like this standout. As consumers continue to be increasingly bombarded by thousands of marketing campaigns every day, unusual ones such as this are a cut above the rest.
Fake Hands Placed In Bags by Brussels Airlines
1. Unconventional Guerrilla Advertising - Using unconventional and memorable tactics in advertising campaigns to generate media attention and stand out from the competition.
2. Pickpocketing Awareness - Creating awareness about pickpocketing and encouraging people to be more careful through innovative and attention-grabbing strategies.
3. Lasting Impact Marketing - Creating marketing campaigns that leave a lasting impression on people, making them remember the brand and its message.
1. Airlines - Airlines can leverage unconventional marketing tactics to create awareness about safety and security measures, promoting a positive image and heightened consumer trust.
2. Advertising and Marketing - The advertising and marketing industry can explore the use of disruptive guerrilla strategies in campaigns to captivate consumers' attention and make a lasting impact, standing out in a crowded market.
3. Public Safety and Security - Public safety and security organizations can collaborate with creative agencies to develop innovative campaigns that raise awareness about common issues like pickpocketing, fostering safer communities.