Part of what makes the Internet so great is the instantaneity of it all, but shorter attention spans also means that fewer people are dedicated to reading anything longer than a couple of paragraphs—but this reading campaign from Penguin gives books a fighting chance by giving them a voice on social media.
Penguin's bookmark comes equipped with a timer, a nano computer with WiFi and light sensor so that it knows exactly the last time a book was opened. To offer some words of encouragement to readers who have put down a book for too long, the bookmark will send a tweet featuring real phrases from the author, or a message in their style of writing. Rather than being forgotten and collecting dust on a bookshelf, this page marker is one that gets books noticed.
Penguin Books' Reading Campaign Serves as a Reminder to Read
1. Social Media Book Marketing - The use of social media to promote books and reading, particularly through creative campaigns and innovative tools.
2. Interactive Bookmarks - The creation of bookmarks that track reading habits and offer personalized messages and recommendations to readers.
3. Author Engagement - The use of technology to enable authors to engage with readers and provide personalized messages and insights related to their books.
1. Publishing Industry - The publishing industry can leverage social media and innovative technology solutions to promote reading and engage with readers.
2. Social Media Industry - The social media industry can innovate tools that enable users to track their reading habits and interact with authors and books.
3. Technology Industry - The technology industry can create interactive devices and solutions such as smart bookmarks to encourage and enhance reading habits.